These programs?enhance your field trip experience and offer interactive educational opportunities during your visit!
Any program involving a tour (grades 7-12 & college) is available September-April only and is not eligible for the discounted rate.
Self-guided tours are available any day we are open. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Learning Adventures are generously sponsored by FedEx Ground.
- College Learning Adventures – available during Fall / Winter / Spring semesters
- Behind-The-Scenes Experiences?
- Self-Guided Tours – available year-round
- Programs are for college students and staff only. No children under age 18, please.
Safari Scholars is a special educational opportunity for Homeschooled and Cyber-Schooled students ages 5-12. Students learn about animals, conservation, and environmental issues through interactive lessons in inquiry-based classes. Classes will include animal presentations, touch tables with biofacts, and special tours. Students will be grouped in different classrooms according to age. (We are currently offering the option of either in-person classes or virtual classes.)
Please be sure to register your child(ren) for the appropriate age group(s.) Parents will receive a lesson plan of each class for their records, and children will receive a Certificate of Participation at the conclusion of the 4th class.
Safari Scholars is offered in the fall only.
Important online registration information for Zoo Members:?You will not receive the Member discount unless you sign in with your Membership email and password (via the sign in button at the top of the page after you click the register button). You are recognized as a Member by your contact information, including your email address. Member discounts are shown in the cart. There are no discount codes or a place to enter your Member number.?To receive the Member discount, you must be a current Member at the time of registration. To become a Member, please click here. To update your Member information prior to registering, please contact the Membership department at 412-365-2534.
Wild Investigations: Homeschool Family Day
Tuesday, November 17??SOLD OUT
Tuesday, December 15?
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
This socially-distanced, self-guided experience will feature family-friendly events and visits from ambassador animals. Our homeschool days typically sell out so make sure you register today!
Please arrive between 10 a.m. and noon. There will be a check-in tent at the top of the escalator where you’ll pick up information about the day and receive times for animal feedings and special animal shows reserved for registered Wild Investigations participants only.
$10 / person
Adults and children ages 2 and up
No Member discount
The Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium is proud to offer free admission to special needs organizations who serve those with mental, emotional, or physical disabilities. Please see page 1 of the Field Trip Planning Guide below for instructions on how to receive free admission for your group. Please note: free admission is not granted based solely on financial need.
Planning Your Group Trip
Schools, colleges, educational organizations, and special needs facilities should explore our Field Trip Planning Guide which includes information on types of visits, pricing, payment options, lunches and souveniers, visit policies, and mail-in registration forms.
Reservation Form GuidelineS
- We are happy to accommodate special requests to ensure an enjoyable, socially-distant program for your group. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions or needs prior to submitting a field trip reservation form.
- Group rate is for 15 or more paying participants. School/camp staff is admitted free of charge with ID. If you do not meet the minimum of 15, you do not need a reservation. You may visit any day and pay the gate rate.
- A reservation form should be submitted at least 3 weeks prior to the desired visit in order to receive the group rate.
- Selecting Submit on the online form below will schedule your visit, and you will receive confirmation and an invoice at the contact email address provided within 1-2 business days.
- A completed invoice must be returned 2 weeks prior to the scheduled visit or a $30 late/FedEx fee will be added to your balance due.
- Wristbands must be received and distributed to group members prior to arrival at the Zoo for group admission (the Zoo does not have a will call window).
- Check all contact information included in the form for accuracy. Wristbands will be sent to the address YOU provide on your form; we are not responsible for verifying addresses and/or zip codes, or for wristbands sent to the wrong address.
- The Zoo is a rain or shine facility and all scheduled programs will take place regardless of weather. Rescheduling cannot be guaranteed.
- The Zoo permits a maximum of 4 adults in each classroom program (any combination of teachers and parents). Special needs aides required to stay with their students may attend as well. For assemblies, all adults may attend if space allows.
- Zoo Life: A Behind the Scenes Look (grades 7-12) is only offered at the $12 rate September-April; no discounted rate is available for this program.
Field Trip Reservation Form
*Learning Adventure programs are sold out for October. Requests for self-guided visits are still open.